Celebrate Niagara’s award-winning wines, culinary delights and beautiful vineyards during the 65th Niagara Wine Festival that will be held from September 10 to 25, 2016. There are many events lined up over the days and several wineries in the region are participating in the festival offering visitors a taste of Niagara’s world-famous wines.
With the Niagara Wine Festival Discovery Pass, you can celebrate three weekends of wine and food as well as vineyard experiences at some amazing wineries all across the Niagara region.
2016 Niagara Wine Festival Discovery Pass
Drop in at these wineries during the weekends of September 10,11,17,18, 24 & 25 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Your Discovery Pass is available for $40 and entitles you to eight unique food and wine pairing experiences per pass. A Driver’s Discovery Pass for $30 entitles the driver to savour the culinary offerings as well. Here is a list of some of the participating wineries in Niagara-on-the-Lake where you can enjoy the wonders of the wine country.
Niagara Wine Festival Discovery Pass Pairing Highlights
When you visit this winery, Chef Frank Dodd's Trius Mini Burgers will have you asking for more. To make things even better, it is paired with the Trius Cabernet Franc 2014 resulting in an amazing culinary combination. It is a must-do Discovery Pass experience during the festival.
Peller Estates Winery
At Peller Estates, savour the 2015 Private Reserve Muscat and Muscat infused melon with micro basil sprouts. This wonderful culinary delight has been hand selected by Chef Jason Parsons and grown at Epp Family Farms especially for the festival.
Konzelmann Estate Winery
Taste a mouth-watering Succulent New Zealand Lamb Chop that is lightly flavoured with a fine Basil Pesto and grilled to perfection. The flavours are heightened when you pair this with the Lakefront Series Konzelmann Shiraz, a popular favourite at this winery.
Between the Lines Family Estate Winery
Another wonderful pairing awaits you at this winery during the wine festival. Enjoy the 2014 Pinot Noir along with a Savoury Beef Kabob that will guarantee an explosion of taste in your mouth. It also comes with a choice of three different dipping sauces.
Reif Estate Winery
Savour traditional German Harvest BBQ with an Italian twist along with winemakers Klaus W. Reif and Roberto DiDomenico at this winery. For the festival, the winery’s 2014 Riesling is paired with local Italian-style sausage from Pingue meats on Caraway Rye baked from scratch by The Pie Plate.
A sweet and spicy combination awaits you at this winery. Try the delightful Inniskillin Reserve Riesling and a General Tso chicken with crispy shallots, it’s a truly delicious pairing.
Niagara Wine Festival Discovery Pass FAQ
- Each Discovery Pass has 8 tickets on the pass that allows for 8 opportunities for a wine tasting and culinary pairing at any of the participating wineries.
- You can use them in any way you see fit. You can share them with others or use them for yourself. There are no restrictions with how you use them. Enjoy responsibly!
- Discovery Passes can be redeemed on the Saturdays or Sundays of the weekends of the Niagara Wine Festival and do not have to be used in one day.
- Discovery Passes can be purchased at participating wineries, Ontario Travel Centres at Stanley Avenue Niagara Falls, Ontario Travel Centres York Road Niagara on the Lake, Niagara Falls Tourism Robinson Street, Niagara Falls.
- Participating wineries, locations, hours of operation, contact information and their incredible wine and culinary pairings will all be available in our Festival Guide – available on-line and in print soon.
Designated drivers can also indulge with eight mocktail and culinary pairings with the Niagara Wine Festival Driver's Discovery Pass.
For more information on this event, including a guided tasting tour visit: Niagara Wine Festival Discovery Pass Tour
Stay at the #1 rated TripAdvisor Fallsview Hotel, the Marriott Fallsview Hotel & Spa. For our best rates view our: