The annual Winter Festival of Lights kicks off on November 3rd in Niagara Falls and is a must-do event for anyone visiting the city this winter. And one of the highlights of this year’s festival is the Cascades of Fire International Fireworks Competition, which will feature six 18-minute fireworks shows over the Canadian Horseshoe Falls!
Here’s everything you need to know about the upcoming Cascades of Fire event:
- Cascades of Fire is taking place over two weekends (November 9-11 and November 16 – 18).
- Each 18-minute show will be synchronized to music that can be heard on Star 102.5.
- A panel of judges will rate each show and awards will be presented to the winners at the event’s closing ceremonies on November 18.
- Six international teams will be competing including China, Finland, Brazil, Vietnam, Italy, and Canada.
- All shows start at 9pm.
- Team Canada will host the competition’s finale on November 18.
The fireworks shows are free to watch and you can find some of the best views from a Fallsview guestroom at the Marriott Fallsview!