The historical Laura Secord Homestead is the restored home of Canadian hero Laura Secord, hidden amongst residential streets in Queenston, Ontario.
To many, Laura Secord is a well-known 100 year old Chocolate and Ice Cream chain of restaurants. The lady herself is considered to be a Canadian Hero for helping the British in a key battle during the war of 1812.
In 1813 Laura (married to a United Empire Loyalist) overhead American soldiers discussing an upcoming, surprise military attack. On the morning of June 22nd, Secord threw caution and safety to the wind, leaving her house early in the morning and walking over 20 miles of hilly, treacherous terrain to a British Outpost. The information about the attack that she relayed to British troops ended up being a leading factor in the British winning the Battle of Beaver creek on June 24th.
Secord’s original home was fired upon and looted during the war of 1812. In 1971 Niagara Parks restored the home, turning it into a museum and continuing education centre.
The Homestead, plot of land and the interior is fully restored and features a guided tour, gift shop and numerous plaques commemorating Laura Secord’s commemorative walk.
This historically attraction earns a 4 out of 5 rating according to TripAdvisor reviewers.
- Adult: $9.50 + Tax
- Child: $6.25 + Tax (6-12 years of age)
- Children under 6 are free
The Laura Secord Homestead is located at 29 Queenston Street, Queenston, Ontario.
It is a stop along the WEGO Niagara-on-the-Lake Shuttle, and is also easily accessible by car.
Directions from the front door of the Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa:
- Follow Stanley Ave and Portage Rd to Partition St in Niagara-on-the-Lake (12.3 km / 16 min)
- Take the 1st right onto Stanley Ave (4.2 km)
- Turn right to stay on Stanley Ave (3.6 km)
- Slight right onto Portage Rd (signs for Portage Road/Niagara Parkway/Queenston/Niagara on the Lake) (3.3 km)
- At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Niagara Pkwy (1.2 km)
- Turn right onto Partition St and arrive at Laura Secord Homestead
Combine a visit to this historical house with a world class room and view at Marriott Niagara Falls Fallsview Hotel & Spa. For room information, including package rates visit: